Saturday, March 30, 2013

ConFurence 8

ConFurence 8 was the 1996 ConFurence furry convention. It was held from January 12-14 at the Atrium Marquis Hotel in Irvine, California, with some events overflowing into the adjacent Radisson Plaza hotel. The theme for that year was "Furries in Force".
I am an avid science fiction reader. I may have been reading Little Fuzzy by H. Beam Piper when I found out about furry conventions.
The masquerade was different then other conventions since a section had women that were totally nude. And as I remember it, it was very openly gay which at that time was unusual.



I found this YouTube video of the green dragon.

1 comment:

  1. FYI, Confurance 8 was in 1997 at the Buena Park hotel. The description on this page is of CF7 but the pictures are from CF8.

    ReplyDelete